From the Desk of the President
The new beginnings
It gives me great pleasure as the serving President of ASHRAE SA to welcome you to the new year, 2021. Although 2020 was an interesting year for the world at large, we are grateful that we are still here.
We would like to let you know that since we are still alive and still here, we can start again. This new year gives another opportunity to arise and go forward again.
Let us forget about mediocrity, and what should have been that never was, and let us look ahead with hope and expectations to HIM that holds the world together.
Yes, you can begin again.
As ASHRAE South Africa Chapter, our MBO for the society year 2021/2022 focuses on the following:
Each member reach one: let us become our brother’s & sister’s keeper. Let us search out and encourage our members and further invite our colleagues to join.
Student activities and establishment of two new student chapters this year. Let us go and reconnect with our alma maters and introduce and start ASHRAE
Our YEA promotion and engagement
Government outreach days
Promotion of the three strategic goals of the society i.e:
ASHRAE as an essential knowledge resource
Maximize member value and engagement
Optimize ASHRAE organizational structure to maximize performance
We encourage you to come on board and work with us to make our chapter a success and our professional endeavour relevant for ages to come. Thanks for your support and contribution and we look forward to our continuous growth.
Read on and share with others.
Finally, we declare unto you:
“New Beginnings”Read more
ASHRAE Society ThemeThe theme of the Presidential Address for 2020-21 is The ASHRAE Digital Lighthouse and Industry 4.0.
Digital transformation is not simply associated with adopting new technical solutions. Knowledge needs to be captured and linked in such a way that ALL relevant stakeholders’ benefit. Doing so requires understanding of how to collect, store, and analyze data; so that it is insightful and actionable. The ASHRAE Digital Lighthouse and Industry 4.0 focuses on reimagining the building industry by not only integrating industry segments, but technology. This presentation will examine how ASHRAE will lead the industry in becoming a part of the digital transformation that will guide the building industry into the next decade and beyond.
- ASHRAE: COVID-19 preparedness resources
- ASHRAE: position paper on Airborne Infectious Diseases
- ASHRAE: Guidance for building operations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- USA Dept of Labour: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (OSHA 3990-03 2020)
- SA President's Address to Joint Sitting of Parliament on SA's Economic Reconstruction & Recovery Plan
ndCESA Innovation and Technology Webinar: Accelerating Innovation in the Engineering & Built Environment, Register
- CESA Diversity & Inclusion Webinar
- Session 1,
- Session 2,
- HVAC Design: Ocean Passenger Terminals and Energy Constraint by Chris Elston (0.1 CPD point, R220/person), DetailsRegister Mechanical Design for Low Noise Applications (4-Part Series) (Webinar, R250/person per part) Details
- Part 4,
- Part 15, Register
- Part 3,
- Part 4,
- Part 5,
- Part 6,
- Part 7,
- Parts 8 to 12 to be announced.
- Fan Technology: Static Pressure vs Total Pressure by Bruce Thompson (R250/person),
- Building Design: Universal Access (free webinar),
- Property Insurance, Sprinklers and Code Compliance by Rakesh Maharaj & Nico Loggenberg (Santam & ASIB) (free webinar, 90 minutes),
- Consulting as an African in South Africa by Olu Soluade (free webinar),
- Evaporative Cooling for Data Centres (R250/person),
See our event planner 2020 to 2021 hosted by RACA.Top