From the Desk of the President
The season of joy and thanksgiving
It gives me great pleasure as the serving President of ASHRAE SA to welcome you to the first newsletter of the chapter. The timing of the release of this newsletter is of great importance as well.
In this Christmas season, as we celebrate joy to the world, we want to encourage you to be thankful for the gift of family and friendship and to look forward with hope for the commencement of another new year - 2021.
In June 2020, the current officers of the ASHRAE SA Chapter were inaugurated by Mr Richard Humphrey, the immediate past president.
During this ceremony, the presidential theme of 2020/2021 was presented. The theme as presented was and still is “TEAM” Together Each Achieving More.
We encourage you to come on board and work with us to make our chapter a success and our professional endeavour relevant for ages to come.
Thanks for your support and contribution and we look forward to our continuous growth. Read on and share with others.
Finally, we declare unto you that all things will obey this word:
“And it Came to Pass”Read more
ASHRAE Society ThemeThe theme of the Presidential Address for 2020-21 is The ASHRAE Digital Lighthouse and Industry 4.0.
Digital transformation is not simply associated with adopting new technical solutions. Knowledge needs to be captured and linked in such a way that ALL relevant stakeholders’ benefit. Doing so requires understanding of how to collect, store, and analyze data; so that it is insightful and actionable. The ASHRAE Digital Lighthouse and Industry 4.0 focuses on reimagining the building industry by not only integrating industry segments, but technology. This presentation will examine how ASHRAE will lead the industry in becoming a part of the digital transformation that will guide the building industry into the next decade and beyond.
- ASHRAE: COVID-19 preparedness resources
- ASHRAE: position paper on Airborne Infectious Diseases
- ASHRAE: Guidance for building operations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- USA Dept of Labour: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (OSHA 3990-03 2020)
- SA President's Address to Joint Sitting of Parliament on SA's Economic Reconstruction & Recovery Plan
Basics of acoustics (webinar, R220 per part) Details
- Part 2,
- Part 3,
- Part 4,
- Part 14, Register
- Part 15,
- Part 16,
- Part 2,
- Part 3,
- Part 4,
- Part 5,
- Part 6,
- Parts 7 to 12 to be announced.
- Fan Technology: Static Pressure vs Total Pressure by Bruce Thompson (R250 per person),
- Building Design: Universal Access (free webinar),
- Property Insurance, Sprinklers and Code Compliance by Rakesh Maharaj & Nico Loggenberg (Santam & ASIB) (free webinar, 90 minutes),
- Consulting as an African in South Africa by Olu Soluade (free webinar),
See our event planner 2020 to 2021 hosted by RACA.Top
(Years run July to June)