- ASHRAE: COVID-19 preparedness resources
- ASHRAE: position paper on Airborne Infectious Diseases
- ASHRAE: Guidance for building operations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- USA Dept of Labour: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (OSHA 3990-03 2020)
- SA President's Address to Joint Sitting of Parliament on SA's Economic Reconstruction & Recovery Plan
Message from The President
Welcome to the South African Chapter of ASHRAE. We are a volunteer-based society of dedicated professionals in the Built Environment, striving to improve and share building sciences and related industries. The ASHRAE society has been around since 1894 consisting of about 56 000 members internationally with 132 Nations divided into 15 Regions, with local Chapters supporting each Region. These all form and serve a community of enthusiastic volunteers in constant communication and selflessly sharing their knowledge and experience. The South African Chapter was chartered in July 2018 which brings the total number of ASHRAE societies in Africa to four.
Our Presidential theme for this year: TEAM. This signifies our focus for this Society year. We want to create an enabling environment where Together Each Achieves Much. To achieve this goal, the three goals captured within the strategic society plan will be followed. These goals are:
- Position ASHRAE as an essential knowledge resource for a sustainable, high-performance built Environment.
- Maximise member value and engagement.
- Optimise ASHRAE’s Organizational Structure to Maximise Performance.
The acronym TEAM will form the basis for our ASHRAE SA Chapter society year in 2020/21.
Together: In the last two years, we’ve seen what we can do together and how we can move forward in strength and strides. However, this is to be enhanced in this society year. We will need every single one of us to stand up and be counted and put aside our differences and work on a common goal and that goal is: making our industry attractive and relevant.
Each: Every single one of us matters. There is no one that can form an island alone. Our experiences pooled together will enable us to become more relevant. You matter!
Achieving: Whatever we are now individually is not compared to what we can be collectively. A collective people with one goal can go further than an individual alone.
More: That is the ultimate goal. The society can only move forward when we all work together. Working together creates a wonderful atmosphere for each one of us to achieve more. In fact, the good book I read actually recognises that: if the people are one and speak one language, whatever they imagine or envisioned to do, they are able to achieve with no issue.
We encourage you to join ASHRAE SA Chapter to be a volunteer to help grow the South African building Sciences and we look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you all and God bless.
President ASHRAE SA Chapter 2020/2021
A 17-month program on the Practical Application of SANS-10400:2011 Part T on Fire Protection. Non-members welcome. [Details]
- Part 13, [Register]
- Part 14, 
- Part 15, 
- Part 16, 
- Part 17, 
- CESA #DiversityJourney
- CESA AON Engineering Excellence Awards, [Details | Register]
- 8th CESA Young Professionals Sustainability Imbizo 2020
(Years run July to June)